I absolutely love quick & simple recipes, don’t you? Especially, if they’re fresh like literally garden-to-table type of ingredients (side note – we have a balcony garden that we’ve grown fond of and are doing our best to incorporate those nutrients in our meals. See pictures at the end of the post).
This recipe is great for those busy evenings when you want something filling but also feel good about the ingredients that you’re about to eat! I love that I was able to make the sauce while my noodles were boiling (multitasking!)
You’ll need 6 ingredients and a food processor (or blender) to make this pesto recipe.
Makes: 1 cup
Prep + cook time: 20 minutes
- Fresh Basil leaves (2 cups)
- Garlic (1-2 cloves)
- Salt (1/2-1 tsp)
- Pepper (1/2 tsp)
- Olive Oil (2 tbs)
- Asiago Cheese (grated, 1 cup)
- Parsley (pinch – optional)
- Oregano (pinch – optional)
- Boil your desired pasta noodles (follow steps 1-6 under Garlic Noodles from kielbasa & garlic noodles
- Add basil leaves, garlic, salt, pepper, asiago cheese (parsley and oregano) into food processor (or blender) and start to pulse until a corse mixture forms.
- Add in olive oil – 1/2 tsp at a time and pulse again until the mixture is at your desired consistency
- Mix in the cooked pasta and pesto and serve immediately. You can sprinkle additional asiago cheese (if you’re a cheese lover like I am) on top of your pasta before serving.
Give it a try and definitely let me know if you have any questions OR if you’ve added your own twist (*heart eyes* + *wink*) do share!
Lastly, here’s a glimpse into our balcony garden
#blog #blogger #basil #pesto #noodles #nomnom #pasta #pestopasta #fresh #garden #delicious #ingredients #garlic #quickdinner #easy #garden #produce #easydinner #dinner #asiago #cheese #salt #pepper #oliveoil #parsley #oregano